Saturday, March 3, 2012

AWP

It's my last night in Chicago, and I had a Potbelly sandwich across the the street from the Art Institute. This was not like any other AWP experience. With my book out, there was no hunger to network--at least not in the same way. I enjoyed myself, looked for interesting books and tables with very yummy refreshments (Bushmills Irish Whiskey!) I had a blast with my conference roommate, Nancy Agabian--that worked out amazingly well.

This afternoon I worked out in the gym ($10 fee grr) and was asked if I wanted to teach martial arts in the hotel. Yesterday I went to Starbucks and met a guy who does drywall, another who plays the bass, and some guy who tells terrible terrible jokes. Drywall guy gave me his card and said call him. So lots of fun interactions.

I thought I might get a drink my last night here, but it's still a bit noisy, and one conference leaves for another to enter. Already, the lanyards and different colors and name tags are different fonts. Oh, but it was fun, wasn't it!?