Monday, April 15, 2013

Writing and Performing

As rewarding as it was to tour with the "Fully Functional Cabaret," I will not be doing that show, or shows like it, again. :)

For me, it's time to do some work, to write, to push my voice--all the good stuff I've dreamed about doing. The Rainbow Book Fair in New York was incredibly affirming, as have been the last AWP conferences I've attended, and the fine people I've met at the Southern California Writer's Conferences. Through it all, I realize that I have everything, right here, right now, to create good work.

The Cabaret can recast my part--in fact, a rotating cast might be the best way for the show to propagate and grow. I will still perform and create pieces, but these will be more personal--not as an actor in a traveling pre-existing show. And, gosh! There are plenty of wonderful, talented, hungry actors who would benefit so much from the opportunity!

As for me--I have this story set in Los Angeles, with a family that.... :)