Thursday, November 22, 2012

Another song from "In Search of Geishaghost"


Riding with Angels

And there’s a mountain so high
That angels run out of sky
Their wings can’t fly them any higher, so they fall
Like I have fallen, fallen from the sky
Fallen from eye.

There is an ocean so wide
That angels never dare to cross
They fly in circles, afraid they might get lost
Like I am lost, lost out at sea
Lost within me.

I’m looking out, like a traveler looking in
at wedding bells and back to schools and all that might have been
and I would pick some daisies that would make our house a home
instead of passing through this town alone.

I’m sorry for complicating everybody’s way
an extra empty chair on a cousin’s wedding day
And I may never whisper to a lover on the phone
or lullaby a child of our own.
(harmonica)

I’m on a never-ending train
That runs on whiskey, tears, and shame
There's no destination, there’s just stops along the way
And I am riding,
Riding with angels
And I am riding,
Riding with angels
Fallen, lost, hidden, riding.
Riding with angels.

--Ryka Aoki